Sunday, December 21, 2008

mixed medley meme

A bunch of mixed up meme questions stolen from too many sources to mention, but the answers are totally mine:

1. Hard wood floors or wall-to-wall? I really prefer the way hard wood floors look, but now that I am having to clean them, I will admit to a preference for wall-to-wall carpet.

2. What is a nickname a former (or present) lover gave you? Alice

3. What was the best party you have ever been to? Wow, there have been so many! I suppose it was in college over a long Thanksgiving week-end. So many people drifted in and out of my apartment. It was absolutely insane. This was a tiny one bedroom apartment and we had as many as 45 people crammed into it at one point - playing guitar and singing, or music cranked up, doing shots in the kitchen, food of every description appearing and immediately being consumed, couples forming and disappearing, debates about critically important social issues and equally intense debates about incredibly unimportant subjects, etc. The young man I was dating then - Steve Dial - is gone from this world now. He was the highpoint of the weekend for me.

4. How many colors are you wearing now? Four - gray yoga pants, yellow tank top, pink & white striped hoody and pink slippers.

5. Are you an introvert or extrovert? I am an introvert, but I do a darn fine job of faking it as an extrovert.

6. What was the last book you read? I am reading "I Was Told There'd Be Cake", essays by Sloane Crosley.

7. What's one piece of fiction that changed your life? Marilyn French's "The Women's Room". It really helped me understand the development of the Women's Movement.

8. What is your favorite comic strip and why? Zits because it absolutely cracks my father up and I love to see and hear him laugh.

9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy recently? Hmmm - not really. I'm pretty happy right now!

10. What's your favorite dessert? Without question - creme brulee. But I am also very happy with Breyer's chocolate ice cream with a bit of milk poured over the top to make a bit of a crust.

11. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? If I wash my hair, it takes an hour. If I don't wash my hair, I can be out the door in 20 minutes.

12. Name one website that you visit daily. Why do you read it? Blush. Facebook. God, how droll!!! Because I get a glimpse into the lives of people I don't get to see very often!

13. Could you make it 39 days on "Survivor"? Probably not. First, I really like food and comfort. I hate being cold - or hot. I look like crap in a bathing suit. And let's face it - I would never be able to keep my mouth shut long enough to stay under the radar.

14. Do you like to clean? Heck, no!!!

15. What was the last song to get stuck in your head? Single Ladies by Beyonce.

16. What's the last movie you saw? In the theatre, it was The Dark Knight. On television, it was The Bucket List.

17. Pirates or Ninjas? Well, Johnny Depp has made it pirates - forever ... unless he comes out with a ninja movie, in which case I might reconsider!

18. Cats or dogs? If I have a big, fenced-in back yard, DOGS! If not, CATS!

19. Chunky or smooth peanut butter? Smooth. I love peanut butter toast in the morning.

20. What are you most looking forward to in the next six weeks? The arrival of my sweetheart. I haven't seen him in a couple of months and I miss him!!!

No comments: