Thursday, July 16, 2015

underwear

Look in my underwear drawer.
Look!
It isn't neat.
Lace thongs tangle with cotton grannies.
Body by Victoria bras range from shiny new
    to almost Goodwill.
There's the green crotch-less bikinis he bought
     as a present to himself
     on my birthday, of course.
Underneath a Spanx, you'll find some stockings
     that used to go with that bustier
     until I lost the detachable clips,
     one by one, in various places,
     he and I under the influence
     of varying degrees of passion.
He's everywhere in this drawer! I didn't
     notice that until now.
It's just as well. I like having him there.
Ohhh! The black slip Grandmother gave me!
It belonged to her, but she had so many
     because my aunt kept sending them.
     "Don't tell Aunt ****," she whispered,
     as if she might be listening from the next room.
Oh, he's back! In a full length nightgown,
     in a grayish blue satin. Well, that
     sounded weird, like he was the one
     wearing it. No, he bought it for me.
     Really for me this time.
Haha, lacy black garter pantyhose.
Hello, built in buzzer.
Half of this stuff really has to go.
Or maybe we'll just give each one another go.

No comments: