Saturday, February 6, 2010

saturday six

Sometimes I pop over to The Daily Meme to see if I can get a writing prompt. Today, I followed the link to Saturday Six, which gives you six questions to answer. Here are today's questions, along with my answers!

1.What’s the one thing that really annoys you?

I am typically most annoyed by bad drivers. And I am not talking about speeders, although they are annoying if they go flying past at 20+ miles per hour faster than the rest of us. I am talking about the ones who are driving slow in the left lane, the ones who veer into my lane, then back into theirs, the ones who merge onto the highway going 40 miles per hour, the ones who cut in front of me when they suddenly realise that they should be over THERE, the ones who drive an eighth of an inch from my back bumper even though there is a clear lane next to us, the ones who merge into my lane going 20 miles per hour slower than me, when they could have waited 5 seconds and merged behind me and MOST OF ALL - the ones who brake for no apparent reason. I even yell out "UB!", which stands for unnecessary braking. Yes, I know that is stupid, but it makes me feel better. Now that you have read this, you will not be able to stop yourself from doing it the next time someone brakes for no apparent reason in front of you. Then you will laugh out loud. Anyone in the vehicle with you will be contemplating having you committed to the nearest mental health facility. And you will have me to thank!

2.If it was the end of the world what be the last thing you would try to do?

Eat chocolate while trying to finish my book. I would hate to miss the ending of a great book! Actually, I am usually reading several books simultaneously. I hope I have enough time!!!

3.If you had the choice of designing a mobile phone what one feature would you add to it?

Auto Uh-huh. I could record myself saying "Uh-huh" and "Huh" and "Wow" and "Hmm". Then, when I was talking to someone that I needed to listen to, but I really wanted to be doing something else, I could push the button and my Auto Uh-huh would supply sound often enough to simulate full attention.

4.Diamonds or pearls?

Now I do dearly love that song "Take Back Your Mink" from Guys and Dolls, which includes the following lyrics:

"Take back your mink
Take back your pearls
What made you think
That I was one of those girls

"Take back the gown
The gloves and the hat
I may be down
But I'm not flat as all that

"I thought that each expensive gift you'd arranged
Was a token of your esteem
But when I think of what you want in exchange
It all seems a horrible dream"

But I have to go with diamonds. They sparkle. They go with anything. They last. You can be rough on them and they still behave.

5.Silver or gold?

I was in love with a jeweler who tried his best to convince me to give up my affinity for sterling silver. He hated that I didn't love gold. My favorite piece of jewelry in the whole world is a ring that my Mother wears every day, which is a big honking piece of turquoise in a sterling silver setting. She has worn it for decades and it is still beautiful. I just prefer silver! Even when I was looking at some items at Tiffany, I found I was drawn to the platinum settings.

6.Are you at home or work?

What kind of person blogs while they are at work? Never mind. I probably work with people who do that! But no, I am at home. My work ethic wouldn't allow me to do this at work. I am in comfy, soft pants, a t-shirt and my slippers. My feet are elevated. Scamp is curled up next to me snoozing. I have a cup of coffee at my side. Ahhh.

OKAY! That ends the six questions. That was fun!

Bye!

1 comment:

Affirmation Two said...

hahaha i love your phone aplication!!!!!!

thanks for the following and no thanks on the harmonica thing. It was so cheep (under £5 with a book and CD) that it would be easyer to buy a new one.