Sunday, June 29, 2008

hangin my hat

Tomorrow I fly to Memphis to look for a place to live. I have some appointments lined up to look at some houses. All of them look good on paper, but you never know until you get there and see the neighborhood and the traffic and the proximity to things you know you will need. Also, Memphis is known for its high crime rate. I need to know a bit more before I decide where in the general vicinity I want to be parking my worldly goods!

I'll also be stopping by my new campus to meet the staff and take a look around. This is a great group of people and they deserve solid, brave leadership. Many of them have stuck it out through some difficult times. The students also are in need of solid leadership. They deserve to attend a school they can be proud of.

The movers are scheduled to pack my things on Saturday, July 12th. That is very close! There is so much to take care of before then and I am a world class procrastinator. I'm sure that I will get it all done, though. This is my fourth move in 5 1/2 years, so I should be a pro by now!!!

No comments: