Sunday, August 3, 2008

back in the ATL

It feels rather odd to be back in Atlanta. I've lived in two different worlds (NJ and AZ) since I lived here. I feel the same and I feel different. I have grown in ways I never imagined since I drove my car away from here in 2002. I was headed west to a place I knew almost nothing about. Oh the wanderlust was planted so firmly in me by my parents. I have no home town!!! Home is where I hang my ... car keys?

But Georgia is where I lived the most years. 1968-1973; 1979-80; 1981-1982; 1983-2002. I do seem to end up back here over and over. I will probably come back this way again eventually.

I dropped Sam off at his father's house before I drove to my hotel. The three of us had dinner together. Speaking of surreal ...

Now I will head to bed to get some rest. Tomorrow I am up early for training - very exciting!

No comments: