Saturday, August 2, 2008

Splash Day

The first week as a president went pretty well. I just can't say enough good things about my staff. They are really a very capable group. We had a "Splash Day" today. What a perfect day for it! The meteoroligist said it felt like 109 degrees with the humidity. It was HOT for Memphis, TN. We had three bouncies for the kids, two of which had water slides. We had face painting, grilled hotdogs and hamburgers, three flavors of icies, a live DJ, raffles for gas cards and a lot of good, clean fun. Our students and their families had a blast!

Tomorrow I am off to Atlanta, Georgia to attend a few days of training. Joe will be in charge of the house while I'm gone. Let's hope he doesn't have a keg party. I've planned ahead this time so I can visit with friends. I'll see Holly tomorrow evening when I get there. Then I plan to see my cousin Susan and her husband Reg while I am in town. And I reached out to my friend Mike to see if we could at least chat while I was there. He wants to have dinner. I didn't even call anyone at my prior place of employment because I can't see them during the day and my evenings are already claimed!

My house looks like a tornado went through it. I hate this stage of the unpacking. Tons of stuff is still in boxes. Half of the stuff that is out of the box is just placed in random places. I already don't like how I arranged the kitchen so I have to start over. And the hedges need trimming. Sigh. Maybe I could hire a goat.

No comments: