Sunday, May 25, 2008

out to eat with Daddy

Last night, Daddy and I went to White Orchids, a Thai Restaurant located at the Promenade Shops in Saucon Valley, Pennsylvania. We were shown to our table by the owner's son. My father remembered him from a previous visit. When he mentioned this, the son pointed out his father working in the kitchen.

We started with the Tod Mun Khaopod - Thai Corn Fritters. These were round balls that consisted of whole kernals of corn and a dough that held the corn together, served with a thin, sticky, sweet sauce. These were okay, but I was left wishing I had ordered the Lettuce Wraps instead.

I ordered one of the specials for my entree - Scallops and Eggplant. Daddy ordered the Green Curry Bowl with Tiger Prawns and Tofu. (You can order a curry bowl with one of five curries - Masaman, Yellow, Green, Red or Panang. Then you can order from a list of toppings to the curry - marinated chicken or beef, tiger prawns, scallops, mussels, calamari or tofu - or any combination.) My entree was great, with perfectly grilled scallops and eggplant that was a great consistency and flavor. But Daddy's curry was divine. You can order curry mild, medium or hot. Daddy's was medium and it was perfect.

For desert, I had a pumpkin creme brulee. Daddy had Molten Chocolate Volcano bundt cake. Mine was okay. Daddy's was good.

Daddy and I love to eat. I would definitely go back here again. But I would try the lettuce wraps, I would try the Pad Thai (picture from their menu, at right) and I would try a different dessert. I would definitely have the green curry again - definitely!!!

White Orchids on Urbanspoon

No comments: