Thursday, April 16, 2009

dateline: somewhere at sea

We spent yesterday docked in Cozumel. We spent the day in the Sanctuary again. It was so relaxing. I love that place. It is just wonderful to relax on that lounge chair, alternately reading and dozing. I can't think of a better way to spend the day. The crew that works in the Sanctuary are just outstanding. They are very attentive, but not in a bothersome way. They are very friendly and are clearly very interested in keeping the guests happy.

Last night we had a nice dinner. I had an eggplant parmasian, followed by a peach soup, followed by veal marsala. I know that sounds like a very odd combination, but it actually worked quite nicely. The peach soup acted as a nice palate cleanser. For dessert I had a terrine that looked like a slice from a box of neopolitan ice cream. Between each layer was a cookie/pastry layer that was delicious.

Today was a sea day. We again spent the day in the Sanctuary. The days are going by entirely too fast now that we are nearing the end of the cruise. As always, I do not want it to end. Tonight is a formal night and the Captain's Circle reception. Champagne, canapes and prizes galore. (I've never won anything at these things, but there's always a first time for everything.)

Tomorrow we arrive at Princess Cay, the cruiseline's private island. I reserved a "clam shell" which is a bit of shelter from the sun, complete with two lounge chairs. If we hate it, we can always comeback to the ship and the Sanctuary.

1 comment:

bill crummett said...

Excellent! I continue to enjoy reading about your"exploits"-

B