Monday, December 9, 2013

it's (almost) always sunny in Phoenix

Living in Phoenix, Arizona is like being on vacation. Everywhere I go, there are remarkable views. Sunny days are on order approximately 310 days out of the year. If you suffer from seasonal affective disorder, move to Phoenix. Cured!

These last few days, however, have been very odd. Freeze warnings at night and sweater weather during the day. Last night I woke up and stumbled to the linen closet to drag out an extra quilt to throw on my bed. When I woke up this morning, before I opened my eyes, I questioned whether I had dreamed it. But no, there it was!

I've been bragging for years about eating Christmas dinner out by the pool the first winter I lived in Arizona. It was an amazing experience that convinced me that I really wanted to live here for the rest of my life. But it doesn't look like we'll be doing that this year!

What helps me to survive the brutal heat of an Arizona summer is imagining the winter months with my doors and windows open to let in the warm air. I've only had a few weeks of open window weather, so far, and I'm feeling cheated! I hope it gets warmer soon.

No comments: