Tuesday, December 10, 2013

r is for ...

I don't even like peanut butter flavored candy. But there I was in the store, walking down each aisle with my camera in my hand and muttering "R is for, R is for, R is for" under my breath. When I saw the bright orange packaging of the Reese's candy, I had that AHA feeling. I rearranged the shelf a little and took five or six photos.

Back home, I was unsatisfied. But then arrives the familiar feeling that explains clearly why I will never be a world famous photographer. When a great photo happens, I've overjoyed. But when a photo fails to ignite my passion, I'm not one to force myself back out into the trenches to try again. This will do for now, I think. And I move on to something else.

The same could be said for many of my more creative endeavors, or attempts at creative endeavors. I get ideas. But I don't complete most of them. I need a creative partner - or two. Right about now, for instance, I could use someone to finish this blog entry.

No comments: