Tuesday, May 24, 2016

some things I miss


  • Catching fireflies in a jar, then letting them go again.
  • Acrylic nails, but not the expense or the seeing-stars-pain of hitting one on a surface.
  • The Mom I had from 1975-2002. I never saw that woman again.
  • Crane onion skin writing paper & envelopes in canary yellow.
  • My guitars.
  • My cousins Bobby, Catherine and Beth.
  • Good Humor Chocolate Eclair Ice Cream on a stick.
  • Full-sized toilet paper rolls.
  • Thin Mints - original size, three sleeves in a box.
  • Hill Street Blues.
  • Playing backgammon with college buddies.
  • Sam, when he was a newborn, 3 years old and 6 years old.
  • My dogs - Belle, Peanut, Jennifer, Sunshine, and C.R.
  • My cats - Ninja, Angel, Nicole, and Joe.
  • The excitement and joy of Christmas mornings as a child.
  • Cap'n Crunch cereal.
  • My Slip 'n' Slide.
  • Pittman Park UMC.
  • Montreat, NC.
  • Knowing my brothers.


  • No comments: